The Associate Director of Media Projects will work with senior leadership to highlight Cambridge’s innovation and market leadership through diverse public relations activities that include engagement with news media nationally, regionally and locally, as well as initiatives related to strategic sponsorships, creative marketing, corporate communications, and social media as we bring to life Cambridge’s culture, brand, and solutions. We operate as a full-service, in-house agency while delivering a broad range of solutions in print, digital, audio, and video format.
- Respond to news media locally and around the country regarding services and solutions on a weekly basis to obtain positive placements in digital or print coverage.
- Successfully execute a comprehensive media relations plan focused on relationships with local, regional, and national journalists and reporters.
- Provide messaging support to senior executives regarding news media interviews and industry conference presentations.
- Counsel advisors as independent business owners regarding media relations for their unique businesses in communities and metro areas from any of the 50 states.
- Collaborate with multi-media designers, account executives, and business leaders on a variety of internal and external communications.
- Create press releases, media kits, and executive talking points
- Manage and maintain all regional and national sponsorships, charity and volunteer work ensuring they align with our core values while driving business development objectives
- Answer and problem-solve incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail and occasionally in-person requests professionally and courteously
- Serve as knowledge leader and mentor team members
- Maintain and enhance working knowledge of trends in media execution and knowledge of the firm’s industry and competitive positioning
Education & Experience
- Four or more years of related experience, education and/or training.
Certificates & Licenses
This job requires obtaining a FINRA Series 99 license within the first year of employment in order to complete job responsibilities. Cambridge will provide financial and educational support towards obtaining required license(s) including paid study time, training courses, study materials and online resources.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or Business preferred.
- Experience in media relations, corporate public relations or PR agency experience preferred.
- Proven track record in obtaining positive placements with the news media preferred.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South