This position will be responsible for carrying out operational functions for the courses offered through the Continuing Education and Workforce Solutions Department. Responsibilities will include: greeting and providing accurate program information to current and prospective students, communicating with current and prospective students via phone and computer, physical set-up for courses, and data entry.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Administrative assistant or relevant work experience preferred.
- Three years full time related work experience in office management as an administrative assistant preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must relate well with people, have the ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions, and communicate professionally.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and with interruption, must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Accuracy, timeliness and confidential treatment of business and student information required.
- Coordinate the registration and grading process for assigned courses and certificate programs. Ensure everything is completed in a timely and accurate manner. Manage course cancelations when necessary.
- Have an understanding of the reporting functionality in both Lumens and Salesforce. Run standard reports from each.
- Be the Ottumwa contact for classes coordinated off campus but scheduled in Ottumwa. This includes room set-up and preparing needed materials and paperwork for instructors.
- Provide reception services for the CEWS department. Including answering the main CEWS phone line, greeting and assisting walk-in students and monitoring the departmental email.
- Assist CEWS students with course registration when necessary. This includes both walking the student through the registration process over the phone and manually registering students when appropriate.
- Assist the Health Continuing Education Coordinator with coordination of the C.N.A. program. This includes submitting relevant paperwork and testing results to the state, answering student inquiries, coordinating the student skills testing schedule and running participant background checks.
- Create AHA (American Heart Association) courses, and manage AHA products, in the CRM. Assist the AHA Coordinator with answering basic inquiries and distributing e-cards, as well as scheduling AHA check-offs.
- Assist with OBRA testing by acting in a patient capacity when necessary.
- Initiate student refunds when necessary, following applicable policy.
- Generate duplicate certificates for students when needed.
- Maintain accuracy of CEWS information on the Indian Hills’ website.
- Reconcile the monthly credit card statement and prepare deposits for the business office.
- Generate and track purchase orders for the department.
- Record and distribute departmental documentation to the business office and payroll.
- Generate mailing lists and process mailings as appropriate.
- Schedule all rooms assigned to Continuing Education and Workforce Solutions.
- Handle room set-up and tear down for CEWS courses and meetings. This may involve set-up and tear down of tables and chairs, opening and closing of temporary walls, and technology set-up for instructors. It may also occasionally include ordering food and drinks. Clean-up rooms at the end of the courses and restore to original condition.
- When applicable, be present at the start of evening and weekend courses to facilitate student check-in and/or registration.
- Attend, take notes, and assist with meetings as requested. This includes taking notes at monthly team meetings.
- Must be willing to travel to other college locations to assist with courses when needed.
- Serve as an active member of Career & Workforce Education Team and on college committees as assigned.
- Represent the college in a positive manner. Handle college and student matters with confidentiality and tact.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties may be assigned.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South