This position will be responsible for carrying out operational functions for the Regional Entrepreneurship Center, Small Business Development Center and support the IHCC Grants department. Responsibilities will include greeting and providing accurate information to clients and prospective clients. Managing communication plans, including social media, email, newsletter, business spotlights and telephone communications. Preparing invoices and assisting resident businesses. This role would also involve answering phone calls, distributing mail, performing basic office duties, and helping to prepare for REC events and activities. Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills are required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Post-secondary administrative assistant or office management education preferred.
- Three years full time related work experience in office management as an administrative assistant preferred.
- Must relate in a professional and service-oriented manner with people, ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions. Must have excellent word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills. Microsoft Office Specialist certifications preferred. Must have strong telephone techniques in taking and relaying messages. Knowledge of social media practices. Must have filing capability, ability to prepare materials and perform data entry with attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects. Accuracy, timeliness and confidential treatment of business and student information are required.
- Maintain a dedicated webpage for the Regional Entrepreneurship Center (REC), keeping all content up to date and in accordance with college marketing standards, policies and procedures.
- Manage REC and SBDC social networking activities and media in accordance with college marketing standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist with documenting and compiling data.
- Assist the Center Director with invoicing/ purchase orders and collecting rent.
- Field and manage phone calls and email correspondence. Maintain department calendar. Sort and distribute department mail.
- Assist SBDC Director with building, promoting and scheduling SBDC courses.
- Prepare information packets, brochures, posters, display table supplies, handouts, and other exhibit table materials as needed.
- Order office and course supplies, including food and beverage when appropriate.
- Set up logistics for meetings and training events; including nametags, room reservations and arrangements, scheduling, changes, meals/breaks, billings etc.
- Clean up rooms at the end of courses and restore to original condition.
- Cancel classes in the CRM that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
- Schedule monthly Grants Monitoring meetings, send reminders, collect and organize information required for grants or reporting, and institute/follow a calendar of grant reporting deadlines.
- Assist with REC/SBDC exhibits, events, and outreach activities.
- Transcribe, share and file minutes and assist with scheduling meetings.
- Travel to other locations within the IHCC 10-county area to provide course support when necessary.
- Assist Director of Grant Development & Compliance with implementation of institutional grants management.
- Assist Director of Grant Development & Compliance with grant record retention activities and scan/organize documents for institutional Grants Office archive.
- Provide administrative assistant support for Regional Talent Attraction initiative; including maintaining regional website.
- Serve as point of contact for Workforce Initiatives.
- Receive and distribute mail to clients and staff at the REC.
- Perform contracted services for REC clients as needed.
- General office clerical support, running copies, taking notes, data entry, etc.
- Perform basic office tasks for staff at the REC.
- Provide assistance to students/public seeking college services & resources.
- Manage multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Represent the college in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Director, Regional Entrepreneurship Center and Director, Grants Development and Compliance
Office II – Non-Exempt – Traditional Funding, at-will letter on a letter of employment
4 term, Full Time, Benefits
9 hrs/day, Monday -Thursday. Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend assignments
$25,697.00 - 27,246.00 ($14.95-15.85)
More Information & Apply
Ottumwa, IA, Iowa
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South