Cambridge Investment Research Inc., one of the nation’s top independent broker-dealers, is actively looking for a person who has a passion for Cambridge and business development to join the Business Development Department as a full time Recruiter. The Recruiter works under the direction of Business Develompent leadership and functions as the lead generator to bring on new Financial Professionals to join Cambridge.
At Cambridge, our purpose is to make a difference in the lives of our financial professionals, their investing clients, and our associates. Our values of integrity, commitment, flexibility, and kindness continue to guide us in the decisions we make together every day. For 40 years we’ve delivered innovative financial solutions while offering exciting career opportunities with ongoing professional development.
A national leader as a financial solutions firm, Cambridge’s commitment to long-term professional development in a unique small-town community makes this a one-of-a-kind opportunity. Cambridge has been honored 11 times by our associates as a ‘Top Workplace in Iowa’, and 13 times as ‘Broker-dealer of the Year’ by our financial professionals through Investment Advisor magazine. We are recognized among the leading firms in the financial advice industry as we serve over 3,600 independent financial professionals and hundreds of thousands of their investing clients across the country.
- Develop recruiting leads through proactive outgoing solicitations, and review potential match with the firm through professional screening of recruiting opportunities
- Manage the transition of new recruits by supporting the transition coordinator, communicating with other teams to support the recruit’s business model
- Maintain working industry knowledge of key industry topics and continuing education for FINRA licenses, major competing Broker/Dealers, outside platforms, internal programs, and product lines available through Cambridge
- Participate as needed in firm’s conferences and effectively interface with financial professionals for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing relationships for future contacts
- Participate in marketing projects including idea generation, eblast design input, and personalized direct mail campaigns
- Drive or escort recruits for whom the individual is the primary recruiter to and from the airport and attend Home Office Visits with said recruits to provide world class customer service to our prospective financial professionals.
Education & Experience
Five or more years of related experience, education and/or training.
Certificates & Licenses
This job requires obtaining FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses within the first 6 months in order to complete job responsibilities. Cambridge will provide financial and educational support towards obtaining required license(s) including paid study time, training courses, study materials and online resources.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South