This person will be responsible for leading work-based learning initiatives and providing career coaching for IHCC’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs. This individual will serve as the point of contact, and as a resource, for students and faculty to connect with businesses and other college departments that facilitate work-based learning. They will also help students explore career options and determine appropriate career pathways to meet their educational and employment goals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, human services or related field.
- Experience and/or knowledge in the areas of work-based learning, career advising and/or job placement.
- Demonstrates ability to work with various constituents, including students, faculty and business and industry representatives.
- Establish relationships with CTE faculty and area business and industry representatives.
- Create and maintain a database of potential work-based learning sites and positions for CTE students.
- Provide one-on-one career coaching to students, including providing advising on career pathways and helping students explore career options though Iowa’s Career Coach online tool.
- Provide individualized advising to CTE students on work-based learning opportunities and benefits.
- Work with CTE faculty and other IHCC offices that address work-based learning to establish cross-departmental advisory group that meets quarterly to discuss work-based learning progress.
- Coordinate and monitor work-based learning experiences in high-demand WIOA fields for students at area businesses.
- Work collaboratively with the WBL Specialist serving the Intermediary Network.
- Serve as the IHCC point of contact for career opportunities at business and industry partners.
- Attend meetings/workshops, conferences, related to WBL activities.
- Develop and implement WBL activities for IHCC students.
Vice President, Learning and Engagement
Professional - Exempt - Special Funding, at will employment on a letter of employment
4 term, Full Time
Monday through Thursday, 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
More Information & Apply
$44,603.00 - 55,136.00
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South