The Teaching and Learning Center Director will provide overarching leadership for the launch and ongoing operations of the College’s Teaching and Learning Center. Funded by a U.S. Department of Education Title III Strengthening Institutions Program grant, the Center will provide coordinated professional development and support focused on effective instruction to IHCC faculty. The Teaching and Learning Center Director will be responsible for designing faculty training curriculum focused on best practices in instructional design and delivery, developing procedures for classroom observations of faculty, conducting advising sessions with full-time faculty, overseeing a full-time instructional coach and helping the College select classroom technology and a faculty credentialing software platform, among other duties.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree required in education or related field.
- Five years postsecondary teaching experience required.
- Strong knowledge of postsecondary instructional design and delivery tools required.
- Strong working knowledge of instructional technology required.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Collaborate on establishing and maintaining a physical space for the Teaching and Learning Center on the Ottumwa Main Campus;
- Develop and implement procedures for faculty observation and advisement;
- Create and implement curriculum for one-week new full-time faculty training;
- Develop online faculty training modules, including modules for full-time, adjunct and concurrent faculty;
- Provide institutional leadership in implementation and training regarding OER;
- Serve on IHCC’s Quality Faculty Plan Committee to update the Quality Faculty Plan based on grant activities and best practices;
- Collaborate with IT staff and administrators to select locations and supplies for technology-enhanced, collaborative learning classrooms at IHCC locations;
- Design and offer trainings and targeted faculty support on effective use of online collaborative learning software and technology;
- Work with Institutional Research to select and launch a faculty credentialing management system to track the fulfillment of required faculty professional development;
- Develop and offer trainings on use of faculty credentialing management system;
- Represent the college at meetings of the Iowa Community College Teaching & Learning Centers, as well as other statewide meetings as requested;
- Serve on various on-campus and statewide committees to represent the Teaching & Learning Center and engage in the work of Indian Hills Community College;
- Conduct and/or review annual Teaching & Learning Center faculty and staff evaluations;
- Direct Title III Steering Committee meetings;
- Attend quarterly grants monitoring meetings; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Vice President, Learning & Engagement
Program Director – Exempt – Grant Funded, at will employment on a letter of employment
4 term, Full Time
9 hrs/day, Monday through Thursday
More Information & Apply
$59,176.00 - 65,255.00
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South