Starting Wage - $20.69
Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits Available Day One -$4,000 Retention Bonus
1. Operates Blown Film extruders to meet customers’ specifications.
2. Selects correct tooling per set up ESOC’s.
3. Responsible for correct set ups and clean ups. Responsible for following production schedule.
4. Responsible for following ESOC’s and producing a quality product.
5. Has the ability to troubleshoot basic machine and process functions.
6. Ability to start up machines and maintain specifications by themselves, while producing minimal scrap.
7. Minimizes waste and scrap by diligently working on improvements and efficient problem solving.
8. Has ability to use gaging tools and other production measuring equipment as required.
9. Responsible for the care and cleaning of all tooling and equipment both before and after set ups.
10. Controls the extrusion process in a safe manner while maintaining customer specifications.
11. Ability to insure that production materials are labeled correctly.
12. Understanding of the extrusion process as explained in training, or thru on the job training.
13. Alerts supervisor of needs and problems as related to job responsibilities
14. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
15. Must obey all safety rules. Must be able to read and follow written procedures. Must be able to run a calculator and do simple calculations. Must be able to take measurements and log correctly using a ruler. Must be willing to work overtime. Must have good dexterity and stamina to work the 12-hour shift. Must have or be willing to learn the basic operation of a computer. In performing all job duties, safe work practices must be maintained.
16. Responsible for all phases of production and quality on assigned machine(s), including pre-start checks, start-up, normal production, emergency and normal shut-down, blowing bubbles, trouble shooting, quality checks, paperwork documentation and clean-ups while maintaining quality levels.
17. Maintain proper housekeeping.
18. Follow all Product Safety guidelines and procedures.
19. Follows and uses Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
20. Makes up necessary packing configurations (boxes and pallets), supplies cores to the machine, removes loaded cores from machine, weighs them, and packs them using designated system.
21. Responsible for insuring the proper resins are hooked to each extruder based on shop floor paper and UFS standards.
22. Responsible for removing empty blended resin containers to a designated area.
23. Must be able to work in confined space below floor level.
24. Other duties as assigned.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Able to read and interpret work instructions.
• Able to perform basic math skills, document, and process required paperwork.
• Able to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and other manufacturing personnel.
• Able to effectively use tools, such as scissors and safety knives.
• A high school diploma is required or equivalent
• Previous industrial experience is preferred
• Lift up to 80 lbs. at waist level, up to 80 lbs. at floor level, and up to 50 lbs. at elevated level on a rare basis when moving products
• Display average coordination with both hands on a continuous basis while performing job tasks
• Perform elevated work on an occasional basis when handling products
• Stoop, kneel or squat on an occasional basis when handling products
• Reach forward and to the side on an occasional basis when handling products
• Stand on a continuous basis and walk on a frequent basis during the course of each shift
• Climb steps on an occasional basis
• Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 12 hours per shift
Interested/eligible employees should complete a job transfer request form, notify supervisor of request submission, and send request to Human Resources no later than 4pm, Wednesday, November 1st, 2017.
Selection will be based on most qualified candidate for the open position, including past job, safety performance and attendance. If two or more candidates are equally qualified the employee’s most recent hire date will be a deciding factor.