Responsible for the effectiveness and efficient delivery of student grants, scholarships, and loan opportunities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Advising and/or financial assistance experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students, prospective students and their parents, area agency representatives, high school personnel, and IHCC staff members.
- Must have the ability to work with various internal computer systems, and understand external systems at the Federal and State level.
- Be willing and able to answer questions for students and their parents on all aspects of financial aid application process.
- Advise community agency personnel, high school counselors, and institutional staff members of financial assistance policies and regulations.
- Review applicant information in accordance with federal and state documentation policies.
- Complete assigned financial aid processes and procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete the federal verification edits for each selected applicant to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate the notification of each eligible applicant relative to the amount of his/her award for all federal Title IV and state programs.
- Coordinate document-tracking process for all federal and state student applicants.
- Control all student correspondence relative to file review and completion.
- Coordinate electronic transmissions of federal student aid data (loan adjustment requests, FAFSA downloads, corrections, over award reports, etc).
- Advise student grant/scholarship/loan recipients of their rights and responsibilities as federal/state grantees.
- Act as liaison between student aid recipients and agency personnel to ensure the timely delivery of grants and scholarships.
- Communicate with students and staff relative to the student's ability to maintain satisfactory academic progress per federal and state regulations.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Iowa College Student Aid Commission and related agencies with respect to students' eligibility/ineligibility for such programs.
- Maintain accurate information and knowledge of regulatory changes, updates, and revisions.
- Assist with internal system set-up annually to assure that awards are packaged and transmitted accurately.
- Participate in conferences and training opportunities to ensure institutional compliance relative to the Title IV programs.
- Provide additional support to Enrollment Services.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Provide financial literary education to students.
- Perform monthly and yearly reconciliations of Federal Title IV funds using Ellucian reconciliation reports, Business Office GL accounts and COD records.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
More Information & Apply
Ottumwa, IA, Iowa
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South