This position involves designing and developing marketing materials for the college as well as individual departments. This position will serve as a graphic designer and will be responsible for working independently on projects from beginning to completion. The person will work with a diverse population requiring excellent interpersonal communication skills and a customer-service oriented approach to duties. Responsibilities require a high degree of independent judgment and organizational skills. Please include a link to your professional portfolio when applying.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in graphic design, marketing, or communications.
- Minimum two years successful work experience in graphic design or marketing.
- Superior written communication skills are required. This person must also have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with page layout and design software such as the Adobe suite is required.
- Experience editing/retouching images.
- Demonstrable technical and operational knowledge of graphic design programs.
- Experience in the following areas: computer-based editing/graphics/animation, and social media marketing is helpful.
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic individual with the ability to meet and deal effectively with a wide variety of constituents and responsibilities.
- Possess the creative skills necessary to develop different marketing projects from request through completion and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform required duties independently on a project basis with responsibilities from request through completion and application of finished product.
- Advise constituents in the development, production and implementation of projects.
- Maintain a detailed calendar of production activity and schedule incoming projects with regard to available time and resources.
- Investigate applications of current, emerging and new technologies associated with graphic design and photography; and make recommendations for college acquisition as appropriate.
- Accept and perform responsibilities which may require work to be performed other than during normal assigned hours of 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Cooperate as a member of the Marketing Department staff in performing any duty essential to the achievement of efficient operations.
- Update and/or develop college brochures and other publications such as the viewbook, catalog, tabloids, posters, brochures, etc.
- Work with the admissions department to develop specific brochures for special events such as junior, senior and counselor days, etc.
- Assume the responsibility of having work completed on time and in a professional manner.
- Ensure that all designed materials meet the Indian Hills Marketing Standards, Policies & Procedures
- Be a forward thinker and help to grow the college by creating and designing innovative material that is relevant to specific target audiences.
- Be flexible and adaptable and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Director, Marketing & Community Relations
Professional - Exempt - Traditional Funding, at will employment on a letter of employment
4 term, full time
9 hrs/day, Monday thru Thursday - may include some evening and weekend hours
More Information & Apply
$47,850.00 - 54,502.00
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South