• Act as a consultant to management and employees on various safety, training, health and ergonomics issues.
• Insure that plant is in compliance with all government and corporate safety standards.
• Facilitate numerous training sessions to present employees with new information.
• Act as a support person for all production areas of plant.
• Review all accidents to determine trends and causes.
• Review all capital expenditure requests that have to do with safety.
• Perform plant safety audits weekly and perform random inspections of personnel to insure safety.
• Review and/or present safety related programs.
• Track and schedule safety related training.
• Handle all staff development within the safety, health and training areas.
• Job performance is measured by General Manager on the basis of injury/illness rates, worker’s compensation rates, accomplishment of safety goals and objectives and meeting corporate safety performance objectives.
• Direct involvement in interviewing, hiring, promoting and training new employees within areas of expertise
• Make promotion decisions based on the Evaluation Form, interviews and review of previous job performance.
• Delegation of tasks and authority is determined by departmentalization.
• Direct involvement in disciplinary procedures ranging from verbal warnings to termination.
• Administer monthly group meetings and other specialized meetings as need dictates.
• Work schedule fluctuates depending on what tasks require the most immediate attention.
• Responsible for some of the facilities environmental issues.
• Directly involved with all workmen’s compensation issues
• May require availability outside of normal business hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or Physical Sciences would be beneficial
- Minimum 4 years’ safety experience, preferably within food processing industry
- CPR/First Aid Training.
- National Safety Council training.
- Confined Space Training.
- OSHA Training Courses.
- Computer proficient-Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Program, planning and evaluation techniques.
- Statistical analysis skills.
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills are essential.
- Bilingual communication is important, but not necessary as long as a translator is present
- Coaching and leadership skills
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South