The Industrial Machine Operator operates machines to make lead acid batteries. They may perform maintenance work and will observe machine operations for malfunctions.
- Operates, tends, and maintains machines to make lead acid batteries.
- Reads specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Follows sequences for operational procedures on a computer.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated.
- Automatically or manually loads material into machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect defects or malfunctions.
- May measure work piece dimensions, thickness and weight in order to determine the accuracy of machine operation.
- May perform minor machine maintenance, including cleaning and oiling.
- May assist in setting up machine, and stacking, marking, packing, and transporting finish work pieces using an electric pallet jack, hoist or forklift.
- Relieves other operators at shift change time and breaks.
- Responsible for proper hygiene, housekeeping, safety practices and overall quality of work produced.
- Performs other duties as requested by Management.
More Information & Apply
- Good math skill including familiarity with metric system
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot machinery
- Ability to take and read measurements
- Computer Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Must be able to read and interpret 1st piece inspection/set-up sheets
- Ability to maintain regular attendance
- Ability to work mandatory overtime
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South