Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, Information Technologies, this instructor will teach courses within the Computer Software Development program. This position involves teaching various programming languages, software and related courses. May also teach courses in other programs as needed. Courses may include a variety of delivery methods including on-campus, live virtual learning and on-line. This instructor will develop and maintain good working relationships with area business and industry representatives to create opportunities such as student internships, job shadowing, and company visits.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associates degree or minimum 3 years current work experience in the field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Required experience in the following areas: Object-oriented programming, Java or .NET programming languages.
- Knowledge in the following areas preferred: web application programming, mobile development, Cloud Computing, SQL and Agile development.
- Must relate well to students and colleagues, and create a learning environment conducive to student learning.
- Teach courses in accordance with objectives of the course outline as set forth by the division using a variety of instructional methods and technologies that facilitates learning for all students.
- Organize and present various concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities, and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Develop, maintain and submit current course syllabi/outlines for assigned courses each term.
- Assist in planning and carrying out studies and surveys.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with professional personnel, local organizations, public officials and other interested people.
- Assist in maintaining public relations with the local community and take part in community relations when possible.
- Actively participate in program promotion and recruitment of students, provide academic advising as needed, and assist in the placement and follow up of graduates.
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community.
- Meet all assigned classes and office commitments as scheduled.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled faculty meetings unless excused by the division dean.
- Emphasize to students the importance of prompt and regular class attendance. Consistently and accurately record attendance.
- Measure and evaluate student progress and maintain accurate and up to date student course grades throughout the course. Prepare and submit accurate grade reports as requested.
- Submit appropriate referrals for students in need of services. Appropriately report student conduct matters in a timely manner.
- Serve actively on any committee to which appointed.
- Keep accurate inventories of equipment and supplies and submit requisitions for needed materials.
- Promptly report repairs needed for the classroom and equipment.
- Stay up to date with trends in the field and update program curriculum and equipment as appropriate to improve student learning.
- Prepare for and report in the program review and assessment processes.
- Meet the standards of the college’s Quality Faculty Plan.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Instill a realistic work attitude in students with clear expectations for skill development.
- Inject relevant personal work experience into the instructional setting to aide in the preparation of each student for entry into employment.
- Attend career fairs, recruiting events and community events to promote the academic program, club and/or college.
- Lead and/or participate in the biannual advisory committee meetings, contributing to the meeting agenda and seeking input from advisors.
- Serve as club advisor, when appropriate, to provide support for students in program-related co-curricular groups.
- Maintain professional appearance of office and laboratory areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Program Director, Information Technology
Faculty - Exempt - Traditional Funding, Chapter 279 Contract of Employment
3.5 term, Full Time, Benefits
9 hrs/day, Monday-Thursday
$51,685.00 - 57,832.00
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South