Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, Information Technologies, this instructor will teach courses within the Cybersecurity & Systems Administration program. May also teach courses in other programs as needed. Provide an environment conducive to student learning in both the lecture and laboratory setting. Courses may include a variety of delivery methods including on-campus, live virtual learning and on-line. This instructor will develop and maintain good working relationships with area business and industry representatives to create opportunities such as student internships, job shadowing, and company visits.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- College level teaching experience is preferred.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain industry certification is required.
- Three years full time experience required including PC hardware/software and information systems security, with a working knowledge of Microsoft and Unix/Linux client/server operating system and network architecture. Scripting knowledge with PowerShell and/or Python a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Systems Security. Knowledge of Wireshark and other network security applications/tools/devices a plus.
- Working knowledge of a change management process (ITIL or similar), VOIP and remote access solutions.
- Teach courses in accordance with objectives of the course outline as set forth by the division using a variety of instructional methods and technologies that facilitates learning for all students.
- Organize and present various concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities, and adjust teaching.
- Develop, maintain and submit current course syllabi/outlines for assigned courses each term.
- Assist in planning and carrying out studies and surveys.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with professional personnel, local organizations, public officials and other interested people.
- Assist in maintaining public relations with the local community and take part in community relations when possible.
- Actively participate in program promotion and recruitment of students, provide academic advising as needed, and assist in the placement and follow up of graduates.
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community.
- Meet all assigned classes and office commitments as scheduled.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled faculty meetings unless excused by the division dean.
- Emphasize to students the importance of prompt and regular class attendance. Consistently and accurately record attendance.
- Measure and evaluate student progress and maintain accurate and up to date student course grades throughout the course. Prepare and submit accurate grade reports as requested.
- Submit appropriate referrals for students in need of services. Appropriately report student conduct matters in a timely manner.
- Serve actively on any committee to which appointed.
- Keep accurate inventories of equipment and supplies and submit requisitions for needed materials.
- Promptly report repairs needed for the classroom and equipment.
- Stay up to date with trends in the field and update program curriculum and equipment as appropriate to improve student learning.
- Prepare for and report in the program review and assessment processes.
- Meet the standards of the college’s Quality Faculty Plan.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Instill a realistic work attitude in students with clear expectations for skill development.
- Inject relevant personal work experience into the instructional setting to aide in the preparation of each student for entry into employment.
- Attend career fairs, recruiting events and community events to promote the academic program, club and/or college.
- Lead and/or participate in the biannual advisory committee meetings, contributing to the meeting agenda and seeking input from advisors.
- Serve as club advisor, when appropriate, to provide support for students in program-related co-curricular groups.
- Maintain professional appearance of office and laboratory areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South