This person will be responsible for teaching continuing education courses for a variety of health disciplines utilizing the Health Simulation Laboratory. They will teach off campus non-credit EMS courses at the EMR, EMT and possibly Advanced EMT levels, as well as assist with EMS testing when needed. They will instruct two half-days in the credit EMS program. This individual will be required to maintain EMS and AHA instructor statuses.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Licensure as a Paramedic in Iowa or a NREMT Paramedic or out of state recognized Paramedic with the ability to obtain Iowa licensure.
- Minimum three years total of full-time pre-hospital or emergency room experience.
- Experience in education preferred. Experience with simulation education beneficial. Must be capable of creating a classroom environment that is conducive to student learning.
- Possess instructor status in American Heart Association (AHA) BLS, ACLS, and/or PALS preferred. Ability to obtain instructor status in all three disciplines required.
- Iowa EMS Instructor endorsement preferred, ability to obtain Iowa EMS Instructor status required.
- Iowa EMS Evaluator endorsement preferred, ability to obtain Iowa EMS Evaluator status required.
- Must possess high degree of written and verbal skills.
- Must demonstrate exceptional organizational, computer and record keeping skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include weekend and evening assignments.
- Teach both credit and non-credit courses in accordance with objectives of the course outlines as set forth by the institution using a variety of instructional methods and technologies that facilitates learning for all students.
- Work collaboratively with the Health Continuing Education Coordinator to develop, market and teach continuing education courses for a variety of health disciplines utilizing the simulation lab, manikins and equipment.
- Instruct off campus EMR, EMT and possibly Advanced EMT courses within the IHCC 10-county region as needed. Flex schedule as necessary to accommodate courses held in the evenings or on weekends.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with state and/or AHA guidelines and regulations pertaining to coordination and instruction of EMS initial training, continuing education and AHA programs.
- Assist with EMS testing of both credit and non-credit students.
- Provide instruction in the EMS credit program two half-days per week.
- Provide instruction for AHA courses as assigned and as schedule allows.
- Organize and present various concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities, and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Inject relevant personal occupational experience into the instructional setting to assist in the preparation of each student for subsequent successful entry into employment.
- Identify and implement improvement and innovation in all programming and course record keeping processes.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with professional personnel and local organizations, facilities and departments.
- Maintain accurate and complete records for all educational programs and reporting requirements.
- Meet the standards of the college’s Quality Faculty Plan.
- Attend and actively participate in all required CEWS team meetings.
- Submit travel requests, expense reports, course contracts, etc. accurately and within established timelines.
- Support and abide by all college and facility departmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Assure the confidentiality of all documents, records, data and information obtained.
- Serve on campus committees as assigned.
- Exemplify professional behaviors of the workplace, including regular and consistent attendance at work, timeliness, and professional appearance.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Executive Director, CEWS
Professional – Certified – Exempt – Traditional Funding, at will employment on a letter of employment
4 term, Full Time
9 hrs/day, Monday-Thursday. Must be willing to flex schedule to accommodate up to two evening courses per week.
$46,552.00 - 50,864.00
More Information & Apply
Ottumwa, IA, Iowa
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South