This person will teach all phases of residential home construction in the Indian Hills Community College Construction Technology Program at Ottumwa High School. This includes electrical, plumbing, blue print reading, estimating and mathematics commonly used in residential construction. Safety practices and procedures is a must. Sustainable building practices should be implemented in all new home construction.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary training preferred.
- Minimum of three years teaching or carpenter experience in home/residential construction required.
- Teach courses in accordance with objectives of the course outline as set forth by the division using a variety of instructional methods and technologies that facilitates learning for all students.
- Actively recruit prospective students from area high schools, career fairs, and on-campus visit days. Complete outreach efforts to partner with area school districts to develop partnerships to enroll future students when applicable.
- Organize and present various concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities, and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Develop and maintain current course syllabi/outlines for assigned courses, accurately report course enrollments, and required grade reports in accordance with college reporting deadlines.
- Participate in program advisory meetings to align curriculum with industry standards and Iowa Department of Education requirements.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with professional personnel, local organizations, public officials and other interested people.
- Assist in maintaining public relations with the local community and take part in community relations when possible.
- Actively participate in program promotion and recruitment of students, provide academic advising as needed, and assist in the placement and follow up of graduates.
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students. Develop a professional relationship and appropriate relationship with clients, suppliers and the community.
- Meet all assigned classes and office commitments as scheduled.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled faculty meetings unless excused by the division dean.
- Emphasize to students the importance of prompt and regular class attendance.
- Measure and evaluate student progress and maintain accurate grade computations. Prepare and submit accurate grade reports as requested.
- Submit to appropriate resources reports on all students who may be in need of counsel.
- Serve actively on any committee to which appointed.
- Submit accurate and complete invoices and receipts to the High School Business Office at the in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate inventories of equipment and supplies and submit requisitions for needed materials.
- Promptly report repairs needed for the classroom and equipment.
- Stay up to date with trends in the field and update program curriculum and equipment as appropriate.
- Complete program assessment and evaluation in accordance with college expectations.
- Meet the standards of the college’s Quality Faculty Plan.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Instill a realistic work attitude in students.
- Supervise students and the construction laboratory. Maintain a professional appearance of the laboratory site.
- Serve as sponsor of the Skills USA Career and Technical Student Organization. Promote and coordinate meaningful club activities on-campus and in the community.
- Make recommendations to the IHCC Foundation for student club scholarships.
- Inject relevant personal occupational experience into the instructional setting to assist in the preparation of each student for subsequent successful entry into employment.
- Work with students to participate in job shadowing, internships, and other job skill initiatives.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Program Director, Construction Technology
Certified – Exempt – Traditional Funding – Chapter 279, Contract of Employment
3.5 Term, Full time, Benefits
8 hrs/day, Monday through Friday.
$49,685.00 - 55,636.00
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South