This person will be responsible for assisting and advising students and prospective students in all areas of student services. They will provide front line customer service with the ability to assist with functions from all areas including financial assistance, admissions, and business office that pertain to student enrollment.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Customer service experience required.
- Experience in advising, financial assistance, and/or accounting preferred.
- Experience in a college setting preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students, prospective students and their parents, area agency representatives, high school personnel, and IHCC staff members.
- Must have the ability to work with various internal computer systems, and understand external systems at the Federal and State level.
- Answer questions in person, on the phone, from e-mail, or written correspondence; resolve problems and address concerns and issues from students, parents, faculty, staff, collegiate departments, and other third parties in the following areas: admissions, registration, financial aid, and student accounts/billing; use investigation, professional judgment, and individual discretion, as appropriate; follow through on issues until resolved, providing necessary correspondence and contact with students or third parties; work in conjunction with Academic Advisors, Admission Representative, Financial Aid Advisors and Business Office staff, or other college departments to clarify situations, as necessary; intercede and/or advocate on the student’s behalf.
- Advice students by providing in-depth financial aid information to students and/or their parents concerning the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) applications; be able to explain financial aid eligibility and disbursement of aid, as well as cost of attendance figures and expected family contribution formula, providing “start to finish” service according to guidelines and regulations.
- Explain the process and provide guidance on the correct manner a student completes appeals for Satisfactory Academic Progress and Special Circumstances consideration. Investigate appeals and supporting documentation for accuracy before submitting to Financial Aid Advisors for review.
- Use professional judgment to make determinations to remove holds that would allow students to register for classes. Review account and registration histories for ability to waive late payment fees.
- Resolve problems or concerns on student account billing statements and financial transactions; answer questions and explain debits and credits, tuition and fee assessments, credit hour effect on tuition and amount of financial aid to be disbursed, and refund/credit balances submitted to the student’s account.
- Work with students to add/drop classes and explain how that will impact their current financial aid status and how it could impact future financial aid eligibility, as well as the ability to refer to an Academic Advisor if the student needs assistance beyond registration.
- Assist student with reading degree audits, transcript requests, and enrollment verifications.
- Have the ability to explain to students and parents the college policy and the proper documentation to collect for name changes, address changes, transcript requests, add/drop dates, change of major forms, refund policies, academic renewals, enrollment verification.
- Analyze student accounts to determine if referrals to Financial Aid Advisors, Registrar, Academic Advisors or Business Office need to be made; work to develop effective and efficient communications with subject matter experts to have smooth hand-off points for students.
- Use professional judgment to appropriately apply FERPA regulations and the release of information on a student’s record in accordance with Federal Law.
- Stay up to date on current Federal Regulations for Financial Aid, FERPA regulations and school policy.
- Daily receipting and balancing for credit student payments.
- Maintain credit card terminal and printer.
- Operate and maintain student ID machine.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communication and Retention.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South