• Coordinate special projects.
• Coordinate efforts of contractors involved with finishing construction of new or redesigned areas for plant facility.
• Participate in design and layout aspects of special projects.
• Obtain competitive bids for future projects.
• Assign necessary personnel to designated areas for completion of projects.
• Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained.
• Attend meetings as needed or called.
• Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
- Be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Mechanical inclination and knowledge of job specifications.
- Industrial construction experience beneficial.
- Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Previous mechanical and related experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets, and drafting programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and coordinate large projects.
- Previous experience in construction, mechanical contract work, or any building trades beneficial.
Education Requirements (if applicable):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South