This position is entrusted with the assignment of protecting life and property, upholding and enforcing rules and regulations enacted by college administration, and serving the campus community in a manner that enhances the professionalism of our college.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Relative work experience in public safety such as police, fire, or military is preferred.
- Ability to work independently on a day-to-day basis and make sound decisions with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to positively interact with staff, students, visitors, and residents of the college and adapt to changing situations quickly and efficiently.
- Current and valid Iowa Driver’s License.
- This position requires a criminal background check and a drug screen.
- Required to pass minimum standards set by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy for range qualifications.
- Employees will be required to pass the minimum standards for firearm certification.
- Ability to possess an Iowa professional firearms permit.
- Continued training and certification with firearms, Taser, defensive tactics and any other training designated by the Director of Safety and Security.
- Become certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED.
- Understanding and compliance with the Indian Hills Community College Weapons Policy.
- Ability to work on an as needed basis which would include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Written communication skills which support the ability to submit accurate documentation and effectively communicate.
- Demonstrate acceptable ability to use relevant equipment including computers, two-way radios, First Aid equipment.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb, bend, crawl and lift and/or move (up to 25 pounds).
- Ability to run short distances.
- Capability of using muscular force to defend oneself from physical attack or to come to the aid of others.
- Ability to withstand working in outside weather conditions.
- Ability to operate a patrol vehicle at any time under any weather conditions.
- Perform patrol functions on foot and patrol vehicles.
- Respond to emergency calls and render appropriate service.
- Investigate incidents and crimes with the aptitude to complete clear, concise and accurate incident reports and other documentation.
- Investigate and document violations and alleged violations of IHCC policy.
- Perform traffic enforcement duties including issuing parking citations and providing traffic control.
- Perform other relative duties as directed by the Director of Safety and Security.
- Participate in crime prevention programs and educational training for the IHCC community.
- Investigate reported complaints from students, faculty or staff.
- Unlock campus buildings and facilities on weekends.
- Complete building checks throughout the shift, ensuring overall safety and security of the IHCC community
- Respond to all requests in a capable and competent manner and provide needed assistance to students, staff, and visitors.
- Assist with the collection of student conduct reports, including Clery crime and Title IX reports.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to the Safety and Security Department Operation Manual.
- Serve as a positive role model for students of the college.
- Keep an up-to-date, and accurate log of all patrol activities.
- Generate Incident Reports for all crimes, injuries, major incidents or as directed by the Director of Safety and Security.
- Police and monitor all grounds of the IHCC Campuses including building checks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South