Cambridge Investment Research Inc., one of the nation’s top independent broker-dealers, is actively looking for a person who has a passion for financial analysis to join the Investments and Insurance Department for a full time Due Diligence Senior Analyst. The Senior Analyst works under the direction of Due Diligence and Analysis leadership and analyzes and consults on various aspects of the Investments and Insurance department.
At Cambridge, our purpose is to make a difference in the lives of our financial professionals, their investing clients, and our associates. Our values of integrity, commitment, flexibility, and kindness continue to guide us in the decisions we make together every day. For 40 years we’ve delivered innovative financial solutions while offering exciting career opportunities with ongoing professional development.
A national leader as a financial solutions firm, Cambridge’s commitment to long-term professional development in a unique small-town community makes this a one-of-a-kind opportunity. Cambridge has been honored 11 times by our associates as a ‘Top Workplace in Iowa’, and 13 times as ‘Broker-dealer of the Year’ by our financial professionals through Investment Advisor magazine. We are recognized among the leading firms in the financial advice industry as we serve over 3,500 independent financial professionals and hundreds of thousands of their investing clients across the country.
- Perform initial and ongoing investment analysis and due diligence of a wide variety of investment strategies, including multi-asset mutual fund/ETF models, equity separate accounts, private investment funds (e.g. real estate, credit, equity), hedge funds, interval funds, and “liquid alternatives” funds
- Analyze and assess strategy managers’ investment team, philosophy, process, portfolio construction, and risk management capabilities
- Analyze and interpret portfolio attribution and risk statistics with relation to investment process
- Read and scrutinize primary sources, including offering documents, SEC filings, due diligence questionnaires, prospectuses, etc., as applicable
- Read and assess reports from third-party due diligence partners, as applicable
- Prepare well-written investment analysis and present it verbally in committee meetings with senior management and executive leadership
Subject Matter Expert
- Monitor market and economic trends impacting traditional and alternative investment strategies and assess how it may impact their results
- Remain abreast of industry trends, regulatory matters, and market events impacting strategies, managers, clients, and the investment industry
- Serve as an investment subject matter expert on Cambridge committees, events, or meetings, as needed
- Maintain good relationships with product companies, third-party due diligence vendors, platform sponsors, and strategy managers
- Provide ‘best-in-class’ customer service to Cambridge management, associates, and financial professionals and track open issues with consistent follow-up to ensure issues are resolved
- Adhere to all company and department policies and procedures related to investment analysis and due diligence.
- Be available at the direction of Investments and Insurance Leadership for other duties and responsibilities, including various ad hoc and ongoing projects
- Assist in cross-departmental projects or initiatives that require expertise, as needed
Education & Experience
Four or more years of related experience, education and/or training.
Certificates & Licenses
This job requires obtaining FINRA Series 7, 24, and 66 licenses within the first 6 months in order to complete job responsibilities. Cambridge will provide financial and educational support towards obtaining required license(s) including paid study time, training courses, study materials and online resources.
Advanced degree in finance, economics, mathematics, business, or other analytical area of study, including liberal arts programs, preferred.
Financial designation or demonstrable progress towards a designation such as CFA, CAIA, FRM, or CIPM preferred.
More Information & Apply
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South