This person will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and teaching American Heart Association (AHA) courses. This individual will be required to maintain instructor status with AHA. Oversee AHA adjunct faculty and affiliate instructors and maintain records as required by AHA. Hire, monitor and mentor new AHA instructors. Responsible for all Training Center policies and the efficiency of processes related to card processing. Will also teach health classes as assigned and as schedule allows, these may include: Medication Aide, LPN IV Therapy and Advanced CNA. This person will assist with OBRA skills testing. This individual will work on a day-to basis with minimal supervision and effectively communicate with members of the Continuing Education and Workforce Solutions team.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.
- Minimum of two years of full-time clinical nursing experience with a minimum of one year in acute care required.
- Two years’ experience as an instructor in American Heart Association (AHA) BLS, ACLS and/or PALS required. Ability to become certified in all three disciplines required. Knowledge of all AHA programs essential.
- Must possess a high degree of written and verbal skills including: interpersonal communications, email and telephone techniques, proposal and report writing, correspondence, course records/reporting.
- Must demonstrate exceptional organizational, computer and record keeping skills.
- Must relate well to people and display a high degree of knowledge and competency in the field and be capable of creating a classroom environment that is conducive to student learning.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Instruct courses in accordance with the objectives of the course outlines using a variety of instructional methods and technologies that facilitates learning for all students.
- Work collaboratively with adjunct faculty to administer and instruct all AHA program offerings. This will involve working a flexible schedule. Instructor will also travel around the IHCC region to conduct courses in various locations.
- Interview, hire, schedule, and evaluate non-credit AHA adjuncts. Ensure that all adjuncts meet appropriate experience and certification requirements. Complete new employee paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain AHA Training Center status for Indian Hills, including submission of reports, and provide timely and accurate communication with the AHA.
- Work collaboratively with the Continuing Education Administrative Assistant to assure proper processing and data entry of AHA course records and generation and issuance of course completion cards for all courses instructed on behalf of IHCC.
- Responsible for equipment and supply inventory related to AHA programming; manage material purchase requests and ordering in collaboration with the CEWS department and the IHCC Business Office.
- Work with the Executive Director to appropriately price training. When requested, conduct pricing comparisons with other institutions.
- Become familiar with the curriculum for Medication Aide, LPN IV Therapy and Advanced CNA. Provide instruction for these courses when assigned.
- Assist with OBRA testing in an evaluator or proctor capacity.
- Supervise the processing of nursing continuing education for area partners and Indian Hills’ courses. Serve as the non-credit liaison with IBON.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, current literature, and professional affiliations.
- Develop and maintain current course syllabi/outlines for assigned courses as needed.
- Inject relevant personal occupational experience into the instructional setting to assist in the preparation of each student for subsequent successful entry into employment.
- Identify and implement improvement and innovation in all programming and course record keeping processes.
- Maintain accurate and complete records for all educational programs and reporting requirements.
- Attend and actively participate in all required CEWS team meetings.
- Submit travel requests, expense reports, course contracts, etc. accurately and within established timelines.
- Support and abide by all college and facility departmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Act in a professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy, and values of all participating organizations.
- Assure the confidentiality of all documents, records, data and information obtained.
- Serve on campus committees as assigned.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
More Information & Apply
Ottumwa, IA, Iowa
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South