The Director will provide leadership in the development, quality service delivery, fiscal oversight, and contractual compliance for entrepreneurship and economic development initiatives throughout the 10-County Indian Hills region. This includes oversight of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and Regional Entrepreneurship Center (REC), as well as overseeing the growth and development of the collaborative regional initiative Iowa South.
The Director will provide leadership in the development, quality service delivery, fiscal oversight, and contractual compliance for entrepreneurship and economic development initiatives throughout the 10-County Indian Hills region. This includes oversight of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and Regional Entrepreneurship Center (REC), as well as overseeing the growth and development of the collaborative regional initiative Iowa South. The Director will represent the college throughout the region serving as the principal economic development contact for internal and external stakeholders including bankers, economic development organizations, legislators, and community organizations. This position may provide consulting and technical assistance to small business and will lead the administration of professional services in financial analysis, capital asset financing, business plan development, strategic business planning, and general business information to small business owners. This position will work collaboratively with regional partners to provide entrepreneurial programming throughout our region, including oversight of programming for youth when appropriate. Will be expected to travel frequently within district and occasionally out of district.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, public or private management, entrepreneurship, or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong business/entrepreneurship background: preferred experience in business incubation, small business counseling or coaching, economic development, and/or providing technical assistance to client companies.
- Experience managing federal and state grants.
- Experience in program development and coordination, program management with budgeting experience.
- Passionate, driven, tenacious, and personable with strong commitment to partnerships and collaborations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with marketing events and initiatives to a broad range of audiences preferred.
- Develop and execute strategic, outreach/marketing, and business plans for the Regional Entrepreneurship Center (REC) that encompass the work of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC). This will include marketing the consulting, training, and incubator services available to assist in the growth of small businesses.
- Develop, write, execute and manage grants, contracts, budgets, and cash match legally and ethically for the SBDC and REC. This may include funding from EDA, SBDC and USDA, as well as any other federal, state or local agencies. Work in collaboration with the Grant Development and Compliance office.
- Attend all trainings and meetings required by the state or federal SBDC or SBA offices.
- Assist in the development and execution of entrepreneurial training services to advance small businesses. Recruit additional professionals to provide training and consulting services to small business clients through the region.
- Represent IHCC, build relationships, serve on committees and attend regional meetings with key economic groups so that IHCC is among the first choice for assistance with collaborative regional partnerships, business development and consulting services, and educational opportunities.
- Actively evaluate potential initiatives in our region that would allow the college to have a widespread positive effect on regional economic advancement and coordinate involvement of appropriate staff members in these initiatives.
- Utilize, manage and oversee the SBDC software (Neoserra) to ensure SBDC metrics are met and/or are exceeded, consulting milestones are met and/or exceeded, consulting activity reports are assembled and submitted for review quarterly, and statistical data reports are completed and submitted for state and federal reporting purposes.
- Plan, organize and oversee services and operations of the REC, based on best practices identified by the National Business Incubation Association. Analyze and maintain an awareness of trends within business incubation as a discipline, and where appropriate, make changes in the nature of services and facilities offered by the program to its clients.
- Maintain all policies governing the operation of the incubator facility, including tenant recruitment. Coordinate facility upkeep with IHCC maintenance and custodial staff.
- Recruit and maintain an Advisory Board representative of the IHCC 10-county area that meets EDA requirements. Facilitate Advisory Board meetings.
- Facilitate and/or provide onsite training, consultation, and mentoring for small businesses throughout our region. Work in partnership with IHCC’s Continuing Education department to plan, develop and promote entrepreneurial programming for K-12 and college students.
- Serve as the coordinator for the regional Iowa South initiative. Maintain consistent contact with all area economic developers involved in the initiative, organize and facilitate marketing efforts and oversee the Iowa South website keeping all information up-to-date with relevant regional information.
- Provide supervision for the Small Business Development Center Regional Director and the Regional Entrepreneurship Center Administrative Assistant.
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent Indian Hills in a professional manner at all times. Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner with attention to detail. Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Executive Director, Continuing Education & Workforce Solutions
Program Director - Exempt - Grant Funded, at will letter on a letter of employment
4 term, Full Time, Benefits
9 hrs/day, Monday through Thursday, occasional evenings & weekends
More Information & Apply
$58,320.00 - 65,255.00
More Job Opportunities
Live in Iowa South